Outlining Your Objectives
- What is your motivation to buy?
- What price range are you considering?
- What is your timeline to move?
- What are your ideal features and “non-negotiables”?
- What are you looking for in a neighborhood?
Planning and Preparation
- Discuss objectives and process
- Select a lender and begin approval process
- Obtain loan approval letter
- Sign exclusive buyer-broker agreement
- Research neighborhoods of interest
Understanding the Market
- Review your neighborhood references
- Consider personal timing and seasonal factors
- Analyze active, pending, and sold properties
- Discuss market forces: supply v. demand, macro v. micro